Professional and career development
At the Gambling Commission we know there is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to Professional and Career Development, so we put you in control.
We recognise that we are at our most effective when we can collaborate, bringing our knowledge together internally and externally, to address challenges and exploit opportunities.
To enable us to achieve this we have a wide learning curriculum which aims to provide colleagues with the right knowledge and skills for their roles. We use a combination of formal, social, and experiential learning methods.
Some of our current Professional and Career Development opportunities include:
• Coaching and Mentoring – both from externally qualified and internal coaches and mentors.
• Apprenticeships – from level 2-7 relevant to your role and specialist area in order to develop you further.
• Hot Shoes - This initiative provides colleagues with the opportunity to spend time in the industry to gain new perspectives, ideas and learn from others.
• Digital learning – This is our new digital learning directory which provides a sample of formal learning resources available to all colleagues. Our resources covers topics such as Career Development, Data and Analysis, Digital, Leadership, Managing People, Personal Effectiveness and Project Management.
• Shadowing – opportunity to spend time with colleagues in other teams to understand how we all work together towards our Corporate Strategy.
These and other initiatives are in place at the Gambling Commission and we are continuously looking at ways we can keep investing and building so that each colleague can be in control of their own learning journey.Previous page
Tax free childcare Next page